The West Carleton Family Health Team offers a wide range of health care services to our patients. The list below outlines some of the most popular services.
- Preventative medical care: by using the best available evidence, we provide the information and resources for patients to maintain good health and prevent disease.
- Well-baby and well-child care (developmental assessments).
- The annual physical has been replaced by a periodic targeted health assessment based on the individual patient's age, gender and specific risk factors.
- Complete physical examinations are performed when required for the diagnosis of complex symptoms.
- Immunizations: All childhood vaccinations and adult boosters, annual flu shots, pneumonia shots (when indicated by age or medical condition), hepatitis A and B (on prescription), TB skin testing, and Tetanus Diptheria .
- Maternity Care and Obstetrics has been provided by the physicians for more than 25 years, with deliveries being done at the Queensway Carleton Hospital
- Supportive and Educational Counselling or referral to the appropriate resources are provided following an assessment of the issues
- Allergy Shots are provided during regular office hours
- Treatment of warts, minor skin lesions and "sun-damaged" spots.
- Minor emergencies including suturing of lacerations.
- Specialized services:
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy (bowel cancer detection, and rectal bleeding assessment)
- Newborn Circumcision
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
- Doppler Examination for peripheral arterial disease
- Cardiac Loop Monitoring for rhythm disturbance
- On-Site Services:
- West Carleton Diagnostic Services (X-RAY) is open to the public - extension 173
- Blood and Laboratory Specimen Collection is open to registered patients of the WCFHT - extension 150
- Dental Services - 613-839-3264
- West Carleton Physiotherapy Massage & Sports Injury Clinic - 613-839-2619
119 Langstaff Drive